During your stay at Wydon Farm bed & breakfast near Haltwhistle & Hexham, Northumberland:
Visit the Roman Sites in Hadrian’s Wall Country • Day trips to Newcastle, County Durham & The Lake District
Explore the nearby towns, historic sites and stunning countryside • Many activities to enjoy
Hadrian’s Wall Country
Wydon Farm bed & breakfast accommodation is ideally situated near some of the most spectacular sections of Hadrians Wall and the most important Roman sites, including Vindolanda, Housesteads, Birdoswald and Chesters – all accessable by the award winning Hadrian’s Wall Bus Service.[kadence_gallery id=”112″]
Other Places to Visit
- Near Wydon Fram you can visit National Trust owned Bellister Castle & Gothic style country mansion Featherstone Castle.
- Nearby Towns – Haltwhistle and the local swimming pool, Hexham, Corbridge and its County Show, Haydon Bridge and Alston.
- Historic Castles – Choose from the many in the region, including Alnwick Castle with its famous Alnwick Garden, and visit many National Trust properties.
- Kielder Water – Fishing and boating on Europe’s largest man made lake.
- Northumberland National Park – Covering an area from Hadrian’s Wall to the Cheviot Hills.
- Beautiful Coastline – Large unspoilt stretches of stunning sandy beaches including Holy Island and the Farne Islands nature reserve.
- Day Trips – To Newcastle, the Gateshead Metro Centre and the Lake District. In County Durham enjoy a day at Beamish Museum and visit Killhope Leadmining Museum.
- Horse Racing – Why not combine your stay with a day at Hexham Races – one of Britain’s most scenic courses.
- See our page for Fishing Holidays at Wydon Farm.
- See our page for Walking & Cycling Holidays at Wydon Farm.
- There are a wealth of beautiful rivers and lakes available for fishing, including New Mills Trout Farm at Brampton.
- Golf – The region offers a variety of country and coastal courses for all abilities, including the internationally acclaimed Slaley Hall.
- Horse Riding – Trek the surrounding countryside.
- Bird Watching – Upland, lowland and coastal species.
for your stay at Wydon Farm bed & breakfast near Haltwhistle & Hexham, in Hadrian’s Wall country, Northumberland.